Parks and Natural Areas
Strathfield Council parks, reserves and playgrounds will be closed during the Sydney lockdown.
Visitors are permitted to walk through the parks for exercise in groups of 2 or less. No other sporting activities are permitted.
Hudson Park Driving Range remains open. Visitors are reminded to social distance (1 person per 4 square meters) and must wear masks.
Council Rangers are enforcing strict hygiene measures in town centres in order to protect the community.
Lights on for Essential Exercise
Council will be turning the lights on at the following sporting fields to provide a larger window of time for the community to conduct essential exercise during a lockdown.
- Bark Huts Reserve
- Cooke Park (Grass field only)
- Strathfield Park (Grass field only)
- Airey Park
- Hudson Park
- Bressington Park (Dog Park Only)
The lights will be on from 5:00 PM to 8:45 PM 7 days a week. Please be mindful that NO community sport (whether training or a match) is permitted during lockdown. Gatherings for exercise must also comply with the Government rules of no more than 2 people outdoors.
- Amenities, change rooms and canteen (west side of field), toilet block and small canteen (east side of field). (Amenities are only open when the ground is hired)
- Nearest public toilets are located in Cooke Park, Madeline Street Belfield
- Amenities block with home and visitors change rooms, a kiosk and public toilets
- 140 space car park
- Playground & 3 playing fields (two currently located on the bottom field and one new playing field to be constructed on the top mound)
- 4 cricket wickets & 2 cricket practice wickets
- Fenced off leash dog area
- Sportsgrounds (cricket summer season, rugby winter season) & Synthetic sports field
- Skate park
- Children’s Playground
- Amenities building with change rooms, meeting room, kiosk and public toilets
- Cricket practice wicket (single lane)
- Shelter and seating