Children and Youth Services
Strathfield Council develops, coordinates and evaluates the provision of accessible high quality services to meet the diverse needs of children, young people and their families within the Strathfield Local Government Area.
Some of the programs and activities for children and young people in Strathfield include:
Strathfield’s Collaborative Youth Group and Strathfield Council are excited to be running the ‘Be Connected Film Fiesta’ in celebration of Youth Week 2020.
The theme of Youth Week 2020 is “Speak up. Be involved. Get connected. Have fun”.
This year, we are asking young people aged 12-24 who live or go to school in Strathfield to make a video submission depicting what the theme of ‘Be Connected’ means to them.
This competition will have two streams:
- Individual stream – individual’s submit their own video to go in the running to win an individual prize.
- Schools stream – schools will submit a video to go in the running to win a prize for the school.
The prizes will be determined by the Strathfield Collaborative Youth Group and announced closer to the final submission date.
- Individual submissions must be no longer than 3 minutes.
- School submissions must be no longer than 5 minutes.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- All video submissions must be accompanied by a Filming Consent form (see pdf below)
- Films with cartoons/animations/illustrations: require one Filming Consent form to be submitted on behalf of individual or school
- Films showcasing people: require one Filming Consent form to be completed for each individual shown in the film
All forms must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject: ‘(Name of individual or school) – Be Connected Film Fiesta’.
- No inappropriate content will be tolerated.
- Be as creative as possible!
- All submissions must be uploaded via WeTransfer
Please note the below when submitting your video via WeTransfer:
- You do not need to create an account and it is a free service if your video is under 2GB
- Type your email address
- Type email@example.com in the “email to” field
- Upload your video in the file section
All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm on Monday 30th November 2020.
Other than that, there are no strict guidelines surrounding how the film/video must be made. It can be camera recorded, animated or however else you are able to show off your creative abilities!
Winning entries will be shared online by Strathfield Council.
The Go4Fun program is a healthy lifestyle program for children aged 7-13 years who are above their healthy weight. The program is orgnaised by the Sydney Local Health District, runs after-school during the school term and is free for eligible families. More information can be found here.
Strathfield Council has over 25 playgrounds located in parks and reserves throughout the Strathfield area. These playgrounds are designed for many different age groups, and each playground provides a different range of activities for its users. Improvements and maintenance aim to ensure that playgrounds meet a diverse range of current and future community needs including specific age groups and people with disabilities. For a complete list of playgrounds, click here.