To become an Australian Citizen you must first apply for Australian Citizenship through the Department of Home Affairs.
Application forms for Australian Citizenship can be obtained from the Department of Home Affairs.
Once your application has been processed and you have attended an interview, the Department will notify you in writing whether or not your application has been approved. Around 90 per cent of applications are decided within 6 months of lodgement.
A few months later, the Department will send you a letter of invitation to attend a Citizenship Ceremony at Strathfield Council.
Strathfield Council acknowledges our newly inducted Minister, the Hon Alex Hawke, MP, Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs.
Council’s 2021 Citizenship Ceremony dates are:
- Tuesday 26 January 2021 – 8.30am – complete
- Thursday 25 March 2021 – 3pm – complete
- Thursday 20 May 2021 – 6pm – complete
- Thursday 17 June 2021 – 10am – complete
- Thursday 17 June 2021 – 3pm – complete
- Thursday 24 June 2021 – 10am – complete
- Thursday 24 June 2021 – 3pm – complete
- Thursday 29 July 2021 – 3pm – cancelled
- August dates to be confirmed.
- Friday 17 September 2021 – 10am
- Friday 17 September 2021 – 6pm
- Thursday 28 October 2021 – 3pm
- Thursday 25 November 2021 – 6pm
Please note, Strathfield Council has no role in the processing or determination of citizenship applications or holding of citizenship tests. For enquiries, information on the status of your application, allocation to ceremony dates, or to download an application kit contact the Department of Home Affairs by telephoning the Citizenship Information Line on 131 880 or visit the Department of Home Affairs.