Section 10.7 Certificates
Section 10.7 Planning Certificates are issued in accordance with the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979. They contain information on how a property may be used and the restrictions on development. A person may request a 10.7 certificate to obtain information about his or her own property but generally a 10.7 certificate will be requested when a property is to be redeveloped or sold. When land is bought or sold, the Conveyancing Act 1919 requires that a Section 10.7 Planning Certificate be attached to the contract for sale.
Strathfield Council’s Planning Certificates are issued under Section 10.7 (2) and 10.7 (5) of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979. A separate request can be made for a Section 10.7 (2) Certificate which confirms whether complying development may be carried out under the State Environmental Planning Policy 2008 (Exempt and Complying Development).
Information to be disclosed on a Section 10.7 (2) Planning Certificate is specified under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2000 (Schedule 4) and includes the following where relevant:
- Names of relevant planning controls ie SEPP’s, LEP’s, REP’s, DCP’s
- Declared State Significant Developments
- Zoning and land uses under the planning control
- Critical habitat
- Heritage Information
- Land reserved for acquisition
- Coastal Protection
- Mine subsidence
- Road widening and road realignment
- Council and other public authority policies on hazard risk restrictions
- Section 94 Contributions Plans
- Matters arising under the Contaminated Land Management Act, 1997
The Section 10.7 (2) Planning Certificate contains the above information. The Section 10.7 (5) Planning Certificate provides information on the last approved use.
The following fees have been set under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2000 and apply when obtaining a Section 10.7 (2) and (5) Planning Certificate:
- $53.00 for a Section 10.7 (2) Planning Certificate
- $53.00 for a Section 10.7 (2) Planning Certificate identifying only Clause 3 Schedule 4 EP&A Regulation (Complying Development).
- $133.00 for a Section 10.7 (2) & (5) Planning Certificate
Strathfield Council charges an additional $153 urgency fee for 24 hour collection from date of receipt by Council.
Once Council receives your request with correct payment attached, the Section 10.7 Planning Certificate will be processed.
Council will aim to process the Planning Certificate within four (4) working days if all the information received is accurate and no additional information is required.
Fill out an Application Form, which can be downloaded below, or write to Strathfield Council to provide the details of the land. Once completed, forward the Application Form to The General Manager, Strathfield Council, PO Box 120 Strathfield NSW 2135. Phone: 9748 9999. Fax: 9764 1034. Payment of the correct fees must be attached with applications.