Council has resolved to prepare and place on public exhibition a draft Sporting Grounds Allocation Policy. A copy of the draft Policy can be found below:Draft Sporting Grounds Allocation Policy
About the Policy
The purpose of the draft Policy is to contribute to a healthier Strathfield by encouraging active sports participation and to establish eligibility and the selection criteria for the seasonal allocation of sporting grounds.
The objectives of the draft Policy are to:
- To provide a transparent, equitable and consistent methodology for the seasonal allocation of sporting grounds and facilities to sports clubs, sports associations, schools and tertiary education providers within the Strathfield Council area.
- To provide a diverse range of opportunities for participation in sport, recreation and physical activity for Strathfield residents.
- To provide access to sporting grounds and facilities which contribute to a healthy Strathfield and promote participation in active sport, physical activity and social connectedness.
- To ensure the opportunity for participation of a broad mix of groups, including participation of girls; women; people from lower socio-economic backgrounds; people with disabilities; seniors and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- To ensure that Council managed sporting grounds and facilities are occupied by inclusive, viable and sustainable sporting clubs, state sporting associations, schools, tertiary education providers and other organisations.
- To ensure that access to sporting grounds by all users has regard to the sustainability and maintenance requirements associated with good sporting ground management.
Have your Say
You are invited to provide feedback on the draft Sporting Grounds Allocation policy.
By email, to email@example.com
By mail, addressed to Strathfield Council, PO Box 120, Strathfield NSW 2135. Please mark your submission Draft Sporting Grounds Allocation policy – Public Exhibition
Last day to provide feedback is Friday 2 June 2023.
What happens next?
The feedback received will be incorporated into the final policy which will be considered by Council for adoption at a meeting later in 2023. All those who provided feedback, with contact details, will be advised when the report is available for viewing.
Should you have any enquiries, please contact Cathy Edwards-Davis, Director Engineering & Operations on 02 9748 9640.