Strathfield Council resolved on the 5th July 2022 at the Ordinary Council Meeting.
- That Council note the report and recommend changes in Council process for tree removal.
- That Council Part O of the Development Control Plan That Council amend Part O of the Development Control Plan in accordance with the State Environmental Planning Policy (Vegetation in Non-Rural Areas) 2017 and section 3.14 (1) (e) of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and the recommendations in this report subject to the following amendments:
- That Council update the Significant Tree Register.
- That Council allow tree removal within 1 metre of a dwelling and 0.5 metre of a boundary fence.
- Council adjust the exempt species list to remove height restrictions from Cinnamomum Camphora, Liquidamber Styraciflua, Melaleuca Quinquenervia and Casuarina Cunninghamiana except in the circumstances of a significant tree.
- Pruning to a percentage of maximum 20% live canopy in the form of canopy thinning to reduce the weight of the tree if the tree is overhanging property for other areas deemed appropriate in accordance with clause AS 4373-2007.
- That an application form for a dead tree removal be created and the removal can be completed through a minor works permit to Council outlining the day of tree removal. 8. In relation to any weeds species, that removal be permitted without the need for any further reports.
- Council allow pruning of overhanging branches from a neighbouring property subject to legal advice.
Council has undertaken a review of the Development Control Plan these changes are in accordance with above resolution. The revised Draft Part O of Development Control Plan is on Public exhibition for 28 days until 5pm Friday 2 September 2022. Strathfield residents can make a submission to the General Manager at Council@Strathfield.nsw.gov.au or mail to PO Box 120, Strathfield NSW 2135Part O Tree Management