Ford Park is located adjacent to the Cooks River and Bay to Bay Cycle and Walkway. Ford Park is popular local park suitable for groups, events, Christmas parties and family gatherings.
Ford Park appears to have been partially acquired by Enfield Council in 1931 when the Cooks River Channel was straightened and covered. Additional land was acquired in 1933 and 1935 through NSW Government subsidised loan schemes. The west ward of Enfield Council was amalgamated with Strathfield Council on 1 January 1949. Ford Park was named in honour of Ebenezer Ford, Mayor of Enfield (1915-17, 1920-29). Ford Park features the Jessie S. Broomfield Water Fountain, a fountain intended for the convenience of dogs, not people. When Jessie Stuart Broomfield died in 1935, her will not only bequeathed that money be distributed to various homes and institutions for dogs in the city of Sydney, but that drinking fountains and troughs for dogs be erected with her name inscribed on them. In 1941, the Trustees of the Estate advised Enfield Council that Jessie Bloomfield had requested that a drinking fountain or water trough for dogs be placed in either Jackson Park or Ford Park. Erection of the fountain was completed in 1948. (Reference: Jones, C, Parks, Reserves & Memorials of Strathfield, 2004).
- Cricket practice wicket
- BBQ and picnic shelters
- Open space for informal recreational use
- Bay to Bay Cyclepath/Walking Path
- Public toilet facilities
- Outdoor fitness equipment