Justice of the Peace Service
Strathfield Council offers a free volunteer Justice of the Peace (JP) service at Strathfield Council Library & Innovation Hub.
The JP is available
- Tuesdays 11am-12pm
- Wednesdays 10am-12pm.
Bookings are essential, no walk-ins will be seen.
Bookings can be made via Eventbrite from 9am on the day.
What will a JP do?
The functions of a Justice of the Peace under the Justices of the Peace Act 2002 are to:
- administer oath declarations or affidavits, and taking statutory declarations and affirmations principally under the Oaths Act 1900
- witness signatures
- attest and certify documents
Please ensure you have:
- Your original copy
- Number of copies required
- Completed forms
- There is a limit of 5 documents per person, if you have more documents to be signed you may be asked to re-join the line.
- The JP’s volunteer their time to our community and as such their time is limited. The JP Service is subject to the availability of the JP and may be cancelled without notice. Every effort is made to find a replacement JP in the event that the regularly scheduled JP is unavailable.