What is Bushcare?
Bushcare is an environmental restoration program that Strathfield Council has been running for over 20 years! The aim of Bushcare is to improve habitat for native animals.
Bushcare is fantastic for those doing Duke of Edinburgh, or studying an environmental science/ecology related degree and need volunteer hours.
Anyone can join Bushcare, all you need is a water bottle and fully enclosed shoes.
Under 16 years old? Please bring a responsible adult to join the fun.
Why do Bushcare?
- Develop your bush regeneration and plant identification skills
- Help rare and endangered species such as the Green & Golden Bell Frog
- Improve habitat for international migratory birds and develop wildlife corridors
- Meet new people with a common interest
- Get into nature and enjoy the great outdoors
When and where is Bushcare held?
Time: Saturday morning, once per month from 9am – 12pm.
- 15 September 2018
- 27 October 2018
- 24 November 2018
Locations: Mason Park Wetlands, Elliot Reserve, Cox’s Creek Reserve
How do I sign up?
To join the Bushcare team, or for more information please call Sam, Environmental Projects Officer on (02) 9748 9999.