Council’s Clean Up Collection service allows each residential property up to three clean up collections per year of up to two cubic metres for the removal of bulky household items. Council clean up bookings are collected on Mondays.
Clean up guidelines
- The maximum quantity of material acceptable is no larger than 2 cubic meters. Please see the image below.
- Materials shall be presented no earlier and no later than the DAY BEFORE your collection date.
- Materials for on call collection must be placed neatly on the nature strip as close to the street gutter as possible.
- Materials placed out for collection must not block the footpath or roadway.
- Households on corner blocks must leave materials at the front of their nominated address. If this is not possible due to safety reasons please let the customer service team know prior to your collection date.
- Important: Council does not provide free clean up services for businesses or commercial properties. Only residential properties are able to book online clean up collections.
- A reminder email and SMS message will be sent prior to the booked clean up service.
- Household furniture e.g. chairs, tables
- Mattresses (limit of two mattresses per collection)
- General household items eg. clothes, books, toys
- Tied bundles or bags of green waste eg. garden clippings, leaves, weeds, prunings and small branches up to 150mm in diameter and 1m in length.
- Electronic waste eg. televisions, DVD players, computers, printers
- Whitegoods eg. fridges, stoves, washing machines
- Household metals eg. swing sets, sporting equipment, dismantled trampolines
- Small hot water tanks (less than two feet)
- Trade, industrial and commercial (shop) waste
- Construction and demolition waste including bricks, building timber and concrete
- Asbestos and roofing material including insulation
- Gas bottles and fire extinguishers
- Chemicals (including empty containers)
- Paint (including empty containers)
- Motor or cooking oils (including empty containers)
- Glass (including bottles, jars, mirrors, fish tanks, glass tables)
- Car tyres
- Large hot water tanks (more than 2 feet)
Any materials not mentioned in the above guidelines should be considered not acceptable.
- Council reserves the right to refuse collection.
- It is important that the clean up guidelines are followed. Materials placed out contrary to the guidelines may results in the materials not being collected, leaving the responsibility for removal on the owner of the material.
- On the spot fines over $750 can be issued for failing to comply with the guidelines. Illegally dumped material will be investigated and prosecution may result.
- Unwanted household items that are not accepted in Council’s clean up can be taken to the nearest waste management centre - phone 13 13 35 for your nearest centre.