Strathfield Council is committed to providing a sustainable waste management system, with the highest standards in customer service. Waste will only be collected if it is placed in Council approved bins and in accordance with Council’s bin presentation guidelines.
Council provides the following Waste Services to all residential properties in Strathfield.
Information regarding change to waste collection days
Council wishes to inform you that changes will be made to waste collection services in some locations throughout the Strathfield LGA.
Please note that not all properties within the Strathfield LGA will be affected; Council will be notifying affected residents via post and mail box letter drops.
These changes will start from Monday 1st July 2019.
Please see below for a listing of street names that will have a change of collection date. If you are unsure if your property is affected, please review the listing.
Council’s Officers will also be placing stickers on bins that fail to comply after 1st July, to notify residents about the change.
These changes are aimed at improving the efficiency of Council's waste collection and providing better services to residents and property owners as well as enhancing the visual appeal of the streets.
Single Dwelling Houses, Townhouses, Dual Occupancies, and Villas
- 120L red lid general household garbage bin. Collected weekly.
- 240L yellow lid recycling bin. Collected fortnightly, alternative weeks to garden vegetation waste collection.
- 240L green lid garden vegetation bin. Collected fortnightly, alternative weeks to recycling collection.
- Up to three Household “On Call” Clean Up collections per year. An “On Call” service for the removal of bulky unwanted household items
Multi Unit Dwellings
- 240L red lid general household garbage bin – shared between 2 units. Collected weekly
- 240L yellow lid recycling bin – shared between 2 units. Collected fortnightly on alternative weeks
- Up to three household “On Call” Clean Up collections per year. An “On Call” service for the removal of bulky unwanted household items
Chemical waste can be brought to the Council Chemical Clean out events held throughout the year at the Depot.
The fees and charges associated with Council’s Waste Collection Services are payable via your rates notice. Charges for additional services such as replacement bins are set out in Council's Fees and Charges.
Please note: additional bin services are not available for multi unit dwellings.
To order new or additional bins and services, please submit the Waste Bin Application Form.