Strathfield Council is committed to providing a sustainable waste management system, with the highest standards in customer service. Waste will only be collected if it is placed in Council approved bins and in accordance with Council’s bin presentation guidelines.
Council provides the following Waste Services to all residential properties in Strathfield.
Single Dwelling Houses, Townhouses, Dual Occupancies, and Villas
- 120L red lid general household garbage bin. Collected weekly.
- 240L yellow lid recycling bin. Collected fortnightly, alternative weeks to garden vegetation waste collection.
- 240L green lid garden vegetation bin. Collected fortnightly, alternative weeks to recycling collection.
- Up to three Household “On Call” Clean Up collections per year. An “On Call” service for the removal of bulky unwanted household items
Multi Unit Dwellings
- 240L red lid general household garbage bin – shared between 2 units. Collected weekly
- 240L yellow lid recycling bin – shared between 2 units. Collected fortnightly on alternative weeks
- Up to three household “On Call” Clean Up collections per year. An “On Call” service for the removal of bulky unwanted household items
Chemical wastes can be brought to the Council Chemical clean out events held throughout the year at the Depot.
The fees and charges associated with Council’s Waste Collection Services are payable via your rates notice. Charges for additional services such as replacement bins are set out in Council's Fees and Charges.
Please note: additional bin services are not available for multi unit dwellings.
To order new or additional bins and services, please submit the Waste Bin Application Form.