Strathfield Council's Regulatory Officers are responsible for investigating complaints and enforcing laws. Some of the areas of Regulatory Officers responsibility include:
- Abandoned vehicles – for Regulatory Officers to take action the car must be illegally parked in a public place and/or out of registration.
- Footpath obstructions – Regulatory Officers can investigate obstructions of footpaths eg cars illegally parked.
- Illegal building works eg out of hours building and non-authorised/approved building
- Parking – Regulatory Officers monitor Council car parks, enforce fines for illegal and dangerous parking.
- Parks – Regulatory Officers monitor and investigate illegal activities in parks
- Stormwater pollution
- Trucks – Regulatory Officers can investigate improper use of roads by trucks eg heavy trucks on light vehicle roads and uncovered trucks
You can contact a Council Regulatory Officer, Monday to Friday between 8.30 and 4.30pm by telephoning Council’s Customer Service Centre on 9748 9999. For out of office hours, call Council’s emergency after hours number on 9748 9999.
To prevent bogus calls you will be asked to leave your name and address - the Regulatory Officer will not pass these details onto anyone they investigate.
If you have received a fine from one of the Council Regulatory Officers which you wish to challenge you must call Revenue NSW on 1300 130 112. Fines cannot be overturned by Council once they have been issued. Further information can be obtained at Revenue NSW.
For any law problems not dealt with by Council Regulatory Officers you should contact the Police. Strathfield Municipality is serviced by the Police - Flemington Local Area Command, which is located at the corner of Rawson and Station Streets, Auburn. Police can be contacted on 9749 8599.