Strathfield Council's Rangers are responsible for investigating complaints and enforcing laws. Some of the areas of Ranger responsibility include:
- Abandoned vehicles – for Rangers to take action the car must be illegally parked in a public place and/or out of registration.
- Footpath obstructions – Rangers can investigate obstructions of footpaths eg cars illegally parked.
- Illegal building works eg out of hours building and non-authorised/approved building
- Parking – Rangers monitor Council car parks, enforce fines for illegal and dangerous parking.
- Parks – Rangers monitor and investigate illegal activities in parks
- Stormwater pollution
- Trucks – Rangers can investigate improper use of roads by trucks eg heavy trucks on light vehicle roads and uncovered trucks
You can contact a Council Ranger, Monday to Friday between 8.30 and 4.30pm by telephoning Council’s Customer Service Centre on 9748 9999. For out of office hours, call Council’s emergency after hours number on 9748 9999.
To prevent bogus calls you will be asked to leave your name and address - the Ranger will not pass these details onto anyone he investigates.
If you have received a fine from one of the Council Rangers which you wish to challenge you must call the Police Infringement Bureau on 9841 8000. Fines cannot be overturned by Council once they have been issued. Further information can be obtained at State Debt Recovery Office.
For any law problems not dealt with by Council Rangers you should contact the Police. Strathfield Municipality is serviced by the Police - Flemington Local Area Command, which is located at the corner of Rawson and Station Streets, Auburn. Police can be contacted on 9749 8599.