Council has resolved to prepare and place on public exhibition a draft Mobile Food Vending Vehicle Policy. A copy of the draft Policy can be found below:Mobile Food Vending Vehicle Policy - Draft Endorsed for Exhibition
About the Policy
The purpose of this Policy is to provide the framework for the operation of mobile food vending vehicles within the Strathfield Council Local Government Area.
Mobile food vending vehicles can contribute to the wellbeing and livability of Strathfield. They can activate the area and draw people to Strathfield.
The objectives of this policy are to:
- Ensure that food sold through mobile food vending vehicles are safe and fit for human consumption;
- Ensure the safe operation of mobile food vending vehicles for staff, patrons, pedestrians and the general public;
- Ensure compliance with the Food Act 2003 with regards to business registration and vehicle fit-out;
- Minimise any potential negative impacts such as waste, noise, or impact on other businesses and residents;
- Ensure mobile food vending vehicles operate in accordance with the road rules and kerbside parking restrictions on Council-owned roads.
Have your Say
You are invited to provide feedback on the draft Mobile Food Vending Vehicle Policy.
By email, to firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail, addressed to Strathfield Council, PO Box 120, Strathfield NSW 2135. Please mark your submission Draft Mobile Food Vending Vehicle Policy – Public Exhibition
Last day to provide feedback is 18 December 2023
What happens next?
The feedback received will be incorporated into the final policy which will be considered by Council.
Should you have any enquiries, please contact Cathy Edwards-Davis, Director Engineering & Operations on 02 9748 9640.