Traffic control signals are proposed to be installed at the intersection of Parramatta Road, Flemington Road and Plaza Road at Homebush West.
Trumen Norman Homebush Pty Ltd has agreed to provide funding for the works as part of the development of the proposed Homebush Logistics Centre at 201 Parramatta Road, Homebush West.
The introduction of traffic signals addresses an unsatisfactory history of accidents at the intersection including a pedestrian fatality. The signalised intersection will provide safe controlled access movements for pedestrians and vehicles and this need has long been recognised by authorities however funding provision has not previously been available.
The general arrangement of signals layout is described in the attached Concept Design plan agreed in principle with Transport for NSW (TfNSW) and Strathfield Council. The scope of the proposed works at the intersection includes:
– Installation of traffic signals
– Adjustment of services as required for connection of the signals
– Adjustment of kerbs and installation of pram ramps
– Installation of signage and line marking
Consultation and advertising for the proposed signals and associated turning restrictions is being undertaken as per requirements of Roads Act. To provide comment on the proposal, you are invited to contact either:
1. Strathfield Council by email at email@example.com (FAO: Traffic Department) or by telephone at (02) 9478 9999.
2. DBL Property (Project Managers) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (02) 8278 7663.
Comments will be received until Tuesday 23 February 2021. All comments will be noted, and appropriate privacy of local residents and respondents will be maintained.
For further details, please see attachments below.Community Consultation Letter Feb 2021 - Traffic Signal Installation TCS and Turning Restrictions