Plans of Management
Draft Plans of Management (POMs) for 13 parks, reserves and community centres in Strathfield LGA were exhibited from 30 September 2020 to 11 November 2020.
The draft plans describe the features of the land and outline how Council intends to manage the community land in the future, in order to provide a transparent and coordinated approach to the management of public land. Please refer to the information sheet for details about the amendments to the plans.
In accordance with section 38 of the Local Government Act 1993, the following draft Plans of Management were placed on public exhibition and members of the public are invited to make submissions on any of the draft plans.
- Draft Local Parks Plan of Management
- Draft Community Facilities Plan of Management
- Draft Airey Park Plan of Management
- Draft Bark Huts Reserve Plan of Management
- Draft Begnell Field Plan of Management
- Draft Cooke Park Plan of Management
- Draft Cooks River Natural Area (Bushland) Plan of Management
- Draft Croquet Lawns Plan of Management
- Draft Elliott Reserve Plan of Management
- Draft Freshwater Park Plan of Management
- Draft Greenacre Frog Ponds Plan of Management
- Draft Ismay Reserve Plan of Management
- Draft Southend Tennis Centre Plan of Management
Have Your Say
Submissions for this project have now closed.
The draft plans were exhibited from Wednesday 30 September 2020 until Wednesday 11 November 2020 and were viewable at:
- Council’s Customer Service Centre
65 Homebush Road, Strathfield
- Strathfield Council Library and Innovation Hub
65-67 Rochester Street, Homebush
- On this web page, to the left under ‘Documents’
Written comments on the draft plans are invited and should be addressed to the CEO and sent to:
- Strathfield Council, PO Box 120, Strathfield NSW 2135
- Faxed to 9764 1034
- Emailed to email@example.com
- Submitted via the electronic form below
Please quote reference number: PN203009
Information contained in written submissions may be referenced or published in a Council report.
Members of the public were invited to attend a public hearing about the proposed categorisation or recategorisation of community land in the various Plans of Management on Thursday 15 October 2020 at 6pm.
This public hearing is an opportunity for the Council to hear the community’s views on the proposed categorisations of community land. The public hearing will be conducted by an independent chairperson.
Due to COVID-19 measures, the public hearing will be held online. To speak or view the public hearing, members of the public will need to register prior to the meeting. A link will be sent prior to the meeting with instructions about how to join the meeting. You can register your interest by completing the below form.
You can also table a submission to be presented to the public hearing. This should be sent to Council at least one day before the hearing on the 15 October 2020.
A briefing paper has been prepared to provide background on the POMs and public hearing process.
The final report from the Independent Hearing Panel Char was presented to Council and included in the Council report for 1 December 2020. A copy of the report is available below.Report of Public Hearing - Strathfield Council 26 November 2020 Final