Bark Huts Reserve
Bark Huts Reserve is 4.05 hectares in size and is one of Strathfield’s largest parks. Bark Huts Reserve is an important local sporting facility and popular neighbourhood park.
Bark Huts Reserve was formerly known as Elliott Street Reserve. The park was renamed in 1985, the year of Strathfield Council’s centenary celebrations, to Bark Huts Reserve, an original historic locational name of Enfield/Strathfield South area. The source of the name was found in an extract from the Echo Newspaper of September 18th 1890, which referred to the “Bark Huts” – a half-way hotel built of long, low slabs with a bark roof. Bark Huts was the half way house and the changing station for the coaches between Liverpool and Sydney for many years. (Reference: Cathy Jones, Park Reserves & Memorials, 2004)
- BBQ and Picnic Shelters
- Sports fields (football, cricket)
- Multi-purpose court (for basketball, futsal)
- 3 Cricket practice wickets
- Children’s playground (all inclusive and active equipment)
- Amenities building with change rooms, kiosk and public toilets
The following sportsground facilities are available:
More information can be found here.