Bates Street, Badgery Avenue and Kessell Avenue, Homebush.
- Strathfield Community Centre
- Childcare centres (long day care, preschool, Family Day Care Centre)
- Multi-use Sportsground (Cricket summer season, Rugby/League winter season)
- Clubhouse with kitchen
- Public toilet facilities
- 5 Cricket practice wickets
- Children’s Playground
- Fun and fitness track
- BBQ and picnic shelters
- Change Rooms
A map of Airey Park's facilities can be downloaded in PDF format.
About Airey Park
Airey Park is one of Strathfield’s four significant parks, measuring 7.75 hectares in size. Airey Park is a popular park providing a wide range of sporting and recreational facilities and opportunities. It is one of Strathfield’s largest and most significant parks containing a first class sports oval. The park is heavily utilised by the school community for annual athletics events. Airey Park is also a corridor of open space providing for pedestrian and cycle movement linking suburbs, shops, parks, schools and workplaces with peoples' homes. Airey Park contains a range of activities and is known as the ‘Family Park’. The park has a unique fitness facility for public use and is also situated on the Bay to Bay walk with a cycleway running its length.
The following sportsgounds are available for seasonal or casual hire:
- Winter Season: 1 Rugby/League Field
- Summer Season: Cricket practice wickets (5), Cricket oval (turf wicket)
Airey Park also has recreational areas for hire for social functions.
Hire of Cricket Practice Wickets
The cricket practice wickets in Airey Park can be hired. Contact Council’s Customer Service on 9748 9999 for more information and applications for hire of cricket practice wickets.
Airey Park was first dedicated in 1920 as a public park and named in honour of Joseph Airey, an Alderman of Strathfield Council (1917-24). Airey was Vice-Chairman of Strathfield Council’s finance committee and was instrumental in inducing the firm of Marcus Clark, which he was Managing Director, to donate land to Council for a public park. The dedication of seven and half acres from the Executors of Clarke’s estate in 1919 forms the core of this large park. Council has subsequently acquired land to add to the size of this park. Airey Oval was constructed by Homebush Boys’ High School and their Old Boys’ Union with Strathfield Council’s co-operation as a Memorial to former pupils of the School who served in World War II. Airey Oval was renamed Alan Davidson Oval in 2003 after Alan Davidson, former Australian Test Cricketer and longterm local resident of Strathfield. Airey Park also contains a number of community based facilities including the Strathfield Children’s Centre, Strathfield Sessional Preschool and the Strathfield Community Centre. The Community Centre was built in 1990. Airey Park is part of the Adopt a Park program. Homebush Boys High has adopted this park and works in collaboration with Strathfield Council to enhance and beautify the park. Reference: Jones, C, Parks, Reserves & Memorials of Strathfield (2002).
Transport and Accessibility
Bay to Bay Cyclepath/Walking
Bus and Train – Trip Planner provides information on public transport including timetables and routes.
Parking is available on Bates Street Homebush. A large carpark is also accessible from Fraser Street near the Children’s Centre.