Formal sportsgrounds in the Strathfield Local Government, which are available for casual hire include:
- Airey Park, Homebush
- Strathfield Park, Strathfield
- Hudson Park Oval, Strathfield
- Bressington Park, Homebush
- Mason Park, Homebush
- Begnell Field, Belfield
- Bark Huts Reserve, Belfield
- Cooke Park, Belfield
Requirements for approved use
- Council approval including payment of applicable fees and charges is required for organised sports and recreational events held in Council’s parks and sportsgrounds.
- Additional approvals may be required for use of a building or erection of temporary structures such as marques and banners, parking plans, first aid planning, placing of waste containers or portable toilets and use of equipment producing heat, sound or light eg public address systems, speakers or lighting at night functions.
- Clubs and organisations are required to provide evidence of current public liability insurance.
- Hirers are responsible for checking that the facility is safe and appropriate to use prior to each use for the particular activity.
- Use of Amusement Devices requires separate approval.
Costs of Hire
Hire costs are determined by Council’s Fees and Charges, which is an appendix to Council’s Management Plan and reviewed on an annual basis. Typical costs of hire of sportsgrounds include:
- Facility hire fees
- Bonds – manage your own waste (refundable)
- Toilet – Bond for key (refundable)
- Additional costs may be incurred for line marking and night lights as well as use of marquees or amusement devices.
Refer to Council's Terms and Conditions of Hire Guideline when completing application forms.
Contact Council's Customer Service on 9748 9999.