Council hires sportsgrounds on a seasonal basis eg winter season, summer season.
The winter season for 2016 - 2017 commences on Friday 7 April 2017 and ends on Sunday 27 August 2017 inclusive. The sporting grounds that are available for seasonal hire include Airey Park, Bark Huts, Begnell Field, Bressington Park, Cooke Park, Hudson Oval, Mason Park, and Strathfield Park.
The fees and charges are charged in accordance with Council's fees and charges. The procedure for seasonal hire involves:
- Advertisements are published in the local media and Council's website about 2-3 months prior to the commencement of season.
- Copies of application forms are also sent to previous season hirers.
Council assesses the applications and allocates facilities based on meeting specific criteria. The criteria includes:
- Teams are locally based or contribute to local community
- Application meets criteria such as available times and compatible use of facility
- Previous history of use is considered
- The application is consistent with the objectives of Council's strategic and operational plans.
All applicants are notified prior to commencement of season of Council's decision.
2016 - 2017 winter hire application forms are available below. Please ensure you read the terms and conditions for hire below and complete and return the application form to email@example.com by 4pm, Wednesday 22 February 2017.