New Residential Development
All new residential developments must pay for and obtain the appropriate type and number of bins prior to occupation. Upon commencement of Council’s waste service a Domestic Waste Service Charge will be added to your rates notice. The Domestic Waste Service Charge can be viewed in the current Operational Plan.
New bins can be ordered by printing and completing the Waste Bin Application Form. Return the completed forms to Council by facsimile, mail or in person. For more details refer to the lodgement section below.
Payment for all new bins must be made to Council prior to delivery.
Payments can be made by:
- By cash to our Customer Service Advisers
- By credit card – over the phone or in person to a Council Customer Service Adviser. Visa and Mastercard are accepted
- By Eftpos at Council’s Customer Service Centre
- By cheque made payable to Strathfield Council and crossed NOT NEGOTIABLE
- Fax: 9748 1034
- Mail: Strathfield Council, PO Box 120, Strathfield NSW 2135
- In Person: Customer Service Centre, 65 Homebush Road, Strathfield NSW 2135 (between 8.30am and 4.30pm)
The installation of signage to inform and educate residents and users of waste storage and collection room(s)/area(s) is important in promoting effective waste minimisation, resource recovery and management. As part of amendments to the Strathfield Consolidated Development Control Plan 2005 (DCP), effective from 28 July 2015, signage for new developments must comply with the below:
- Signage must be placed addressing general waste, recycling, organics and bulk-waste guidelines
- Signage must be in each collection room as a minimum
- Signs must be visible at all times and well lit
- Signage is available in two sizes, small: 43cm wide x 30cm high and large: 100cm wide x 58 cm high
- Bin lid stickers must also be attached to each bin to advise waste types for that bin
Downloadable content of approved signage types and sizes can be found below.
For additional information, the NSW EPA provides standard wall posters and bin stickers as free downloads on their website.
To order new or additional bins and services, please submit the Waste Bin Application Form.