Membership to Strathfield Council libraries is free for residents and ratepayers of the Strathfield Local Government Area or any of the following council areas – Ashfield, Botany Bay, Burwood, Kogarah and Marrickville which have reciprocal agreements with Strathfield Council.
People living outside these Council areas will be classed as a non resident and are required to pay an annual membership fee to join Strathfield Library. Fees are $10 per year for an adult and $5 per year for under 18s and Pension/Senior/Centrelink card holders.
To become a library member, simply visit either the Main Library or High Street Library. You will need to provide identification showing your name, date of birth and current address. Children under 15 require parental/guardian permission to become a member. The parent/guardian will need to provide their ID when collecting a child’s membership card from the library. Youth aged 15-17 may become members if they can provide ID with their name, date of birth and current address. If they do not have the required ID, their parent/guardian will need to provide it on their behalf.
You can also join online by completing the form below. Identification will need to be presented when collecting your membership card from the Library. Non residents will need to pay the annual membership fee at the Library before their membership card can be issued.
- Members can borrow a maximum of 30 items for 3 weeks
- Items can be renewed twice. Renewals can be made in person, by phone or online. If the item you wish to renew has been reserved, you will be unable to renew the item and will need to return the item to the Library. Items renewed after the due date are liable for fines
- Library members can reserve up to 10 items. The library will notify you via email or sms when it is available for collection
- Library members can access the library computers
- Take care of all borrowed items
- Pay for any lost, stolen or damaged items that have been borrowed on your card
- Ensure that no one else uses your card
- Return or renew all items on or before the due date
- Pay for any overdue fees
- Notify the library of any change to contact details
- Notify the library promptly if your card is lost
- Behave in an appropriate manner when in the library
- Comply with Strathfield Council’s Library User Code of Conduct
It is your responsibility to return any items borrowed on your card to the library by the due date. Library items returned after the due date will attract late fees.
You can review your account, renew borrowed items or place an item on hold using the online catalogue.
To access your account online, enter your card number as the User ID and the PIN you created when joining the Library.
Become a Member Online
Personal information requested on this form is used to process your membership application in order to provide you with library services. The supply of information is voluntary but if you cannot provide the information requested, Council may not be able to process your application or provide you with some services. Access to the information is restricted to Council officers and other authorised people. Council is to be regarded as the agency that holds the information. You may make application for access or amendment to information held by Council.
By clicking ‘ACCEPT’ I am confirming that I have read the Strathfield Library User Conduct Policy and I agree to abide by the conditions as set out in the policy.