Homebush Village Upgrade to Commence
For immediate release
19 February 2021
The Homebush Village shopping centre is known for its pleasant heritage, ambiance, streetscape and close proximity to Homebush train station. As the community has grown and expanded around the Village, it has become increasingly apparent that structural updates are required to improve functionality of the area.
Work will commence in late March 2021 on upgrading the popular Homebush Village, to ensure it effectively meets the needs of the growing population.
After consultation with the community, Strathfield Councillors have elected to:
- Convert Burlington Road to one-way heading west and allowing 90 degree parking.
- Implement an additional 22 parking spaces.
- Add a round-about at the intersection of Burlington Road and Rochester Street.
- Keep Rochester Street as it already is.
- New pavement and festive lighting along Rochester Street.
- Burlington Road School Kiss and Ride Zone moved to Rochester Street.
This project has been designed with the aims of improving traffic flow, access to shops and the train station, safety of visitors including children attending Homebush Public School and to improve the overall visual appeal of the Village.
It is anticipated that works will be completed by July 2021.
For more information, please visit Council’s website www.strathfield.nsw.gov.au
For media enquiries, please contact: