Level 2 water restrictions for residents and businesses are in place
Under the new Level 2 water restrictions:
- gardens can only be watered before 10am or after 4pm with a watering can or bucket
- smart and drip irrigation systems may only be used for 15 minutes before 10am or after 4pm
- the use of unattended hoses is no longer permitted
- hosing of hard surfaces is not permitted, unless in an emergency
- cars can only be washed with a bucket or at a commercial car wash
- a permit is required before filling a pool of any size.
Fines of $220 will apply for residents and $550 for businesses who don’t follow the restrictions.
For more information, visit the NSW Government website.