Amendment to Part P - Heritage of the Strathfield Consolidated Development Control Plan 2005 Adopted by Council
Council, at its meeting on 4 December 2018, resolved to adopt the amendments to Part P – Heritage of the Strathfield Consolidated Development Control Plan 2005, as exhibited. The Development Control Plan (DCP) applies to land that contains a listed heritage item, is located within the vicinity of a listed item, or is located within a Heritage Conservation Area.
The amendments to Part P generally relate to the following:
- Incorporation of additional provisions relating to basements and excavation for development involving heritage sites, in the vicinity of heritage items, and in Heritage Conservation Areas.
- Inclusion of diagrams to help guide design development for alterations and additions to heritage places.
- Addition of diagrams identifying each Heritage Conservation Area.
There are also some minor updates to correct references to planning legislation and instruments along with the renumbering of clauses.
The amended DCP will come into effect from Tuesday 8 January 2019 and is available for viewing at:
- Council’s web site – https://www.strathfield.nsw.gov.au/development/planning-policies/strathfield-local-environmental-plan-2/
- Strathfield Customer Service Centre, 65 Homebush Road, Strathfield, between the hours of 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Should you have questions regarding Part P – Heritage, please contact Council’s Heritage Advisor, Kristy Wellfare on 9748 9616 (Mon-Wed) or Customer Service on 9748 9999.