Council, at its meeting on 2 October 2018, resolved to make amendments to Part P – Heritage of the Strathfield Consolidated Development Control Plan 2005.
The amendments to Part P generally relate to the following:
- Incorporation of additional provisions relating to basements and excavation for development involving heritage sites, in the vicinity of heritage items, and in Heritage Conservation Areas.
- Inclusion of diagrams to help guide design development for alterations and additions to heritage places.
- Addition of diagrams identifying each Heritage Conservation Area.
There are also some minor updates to correct references to planning legislation and instruments along with the renumbering of clauses.
The draft DCP will be on public exhibition from Tuesday 16 October 2018 to Friday 16 November 2018 at Council’s Customer Service Centre, 65 Homebush Road, Strathfield, from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday. The exhibition materials will also be displayed:
- on Council's website (www.strathfield.nsw.gov.au);
- on Council's eNews;
- at Strathfield Main Library, 65-67 Rochester Street, Homebush (during library open hours); and
- at High Street Community Library, 64 High Street, Strathfield (during library open hours)
Making a Submission
Any person can make a submission in writing on the amendments to Part P of the Strathfield Consolidated DCP 2005. Submissions must be lodged with Council no later than 5pm on Friday 16 November 2018 and should be addressed to the General Manager, Strathfield Council and posted to PO Box 120, Strathfield NSW 2135 or emailed to: email@example.com with the heading: Part P - Heritage.
Please note that a person who makes a submission may also need to disclose reportable political donations and gifts made to a Councillor or employee of Council, as required by the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979.
The current provisions relating to exemptions for minor works to heritage places will still apply. For more information regarding minor works on heritage sites and whether a development application is required, please click here.
Should you have questions regarding the amendments, please contact:
- Council’s Heritage Advisor, Kristy Wellfare (Mon-Wed) on
- Principal Strategic Planner, Rita Vella on 9748 9995