Construction works will be undertaken to remove the asbestos roof of Melville Hall located at 52 Hampstead Road, Homebush West on the weekend of 24 and 25 June 2017.
A licensed contractor will be conducting the asbestos removal and the scope of works includes, but
is not limited to;
• Spraying all asbestos material with PVA Glue prior to removal
• Removal and disposal of asbestos from roof and internal areas in accordance with reports
• Vacuum internal areas with HEPA Vacuum
• De-nail timbers and spray PVA glue at the completion of removal
• Allowance to run static lines and work off harness
• Allowance for mobile scaffold for access
• Air monitoring for the duration of the removal; and clearance certificate issued by an independent assessor at the completion of removal.
A Section 96 modification has been granted to enable the works to be undertaken on the weekend given the nature of the work and safety to the community DA2017-0052-1.
The works will be conducted in accordance with SafeWork NSW licence number AD212567 and Australian Standards AS2601-2001.
Should you have any concerns what so ever please contact Mr. Donald Yarad - Civil Construction & Maintenance Supervisor Major Projects on 0436 193 403.