Council is continuing to monitor the evolving situation with COVID-19. Please see our dedicated webpage for up-to-date information on Council services and advice.

Try to solve the problem by talking to whoever is causing the noise. Often people do not realise they are being noisy and are happy to work with you to solve the problem. If you cannot resolve a dispute amicably, contact the Community Justice Centre or your solicitor.

Council can serve notices covering noise from animals and from a wide range of appliances including air conditioners, swimming pool pumps, radios, sound reproduction equipment, musical instruments, power tools, lawn mowers and burglar alarms. The notice can require the noise-making activities to be restricted to certain times of the day or certain days. If the notice is not complied with, Council can prosecute.