Justice of the Peace services are currently suspended due to the library upgrade closure.
Strathfield Council offers a free volunteer Justice of the Peace (JP) service at Strathfield Library.
What will a JP do?
The functions of a Justice of the Peace under the Justices of the Peace Act 2002 are to:
- administer oath declarations or affidavits, and taking statutory declarations and affirmations principally under the Oaths Act 1900
- witness signatures
- attest and certify documents
Justices of the Peace in the local area are registered with the NSW Attorney-General’s Department. Names and contact numbers can be searched online by postcode.
Please ensure you have:
- Your original copy
- Number of copies required
- Completed forms
- Clients are seen on a first-come first-serve basis
- There is a limit of 5 documents per person, if you have documents to be signed more you may be asked to re-join the line.
- The JP’s volunteer their time to our community and as such their time is limited. The JP Service is subject to the availability of the JP and may be cancelled without notice. Every effort is made to find a replacement JP in the event that the regularly scheduled JP is unavailable.