A disclosure log is a record containing details of Council’s information already released under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act). A disclosure log is part of the open access information that Council is required to make publicly available.
Disclosure logs provide access to information for people who want the same or similar information as previous applicants, and would otherwise have to make formal access applications. A disclosure log also helps Council to identify information that could be proactively released.
The disclosure log must contain the following information:
- the date that the access application was decided
- a description of the information provided
- whether any of the information is now publicly available and, if so, how it can be accessed.
The disclosure log does not have to include the following information:
- information on applications for personal information regarding the applicant,
- information about applications where factors involving the applicant were a consideration in whether or not the disclosure of the information was in the public interest.
For further information on Council's Disclosure Log, please contact Council's Governance section on 9748 9999.