How You Access Aged Care Services

If you are seeking assistance at home with housework, personal care, gardening, lawn mowing or home maintenance and modifications, community transport, meals on wheels, or aged care or dementia day care centres, these services are now accessible by contacting ‘My Aged Care’. If you are eligible for services you will be referred to an appropriate agency to deliver the services you require to assist you to live independently in your home.

If you need a family member or friend assessed for packaged aged care support in the home or residential aged care you also contact ‘My Aged Care’ and you will be referred to your local Aged Care Assessment Team.

My Aged Care is a national online and phone service to help you find out about aged care services, and what services may be available to help you.

There are different types of aged care services to support you, whatever your needs. When you call the My Aged Care contact centre, the staff will ask questions to help understand your needs. They can help you find out if you are eligible for aged care services.

Call the My Aged Care contact centre on 1800 200 422.

Please see brochure material attached to further assist you, if you have any other queries please contact the Aged and Disability Officer at Strathfield Council on 9748 9999.