What child care services are available?

A comprehensive list of Childcare services in the Strathfield Local Government Area and surrounding areas can be found in the Community Information Directory.

How do I enrol my child in to a child care centre?

You will need to contact the Centre directly to arrange enrolment. Waiting periods may apply.

Where can I get my child immunised?

Please refer to your local doctor.

What schools are there in the area?

Strathfield is well known for its educational establishments. A comprehensive list of primary, secondary and tertiary institutions can be found in the Community section of this website.

How can I obtain a community grant?

Council's Community Grants Program provides funding annually for local non-profit community groups for community service and development, recreational and sporting, enviornmental, arts and other community purposes. Grants are allocated to one-off projects or services. The application process opens around August each year and closes early October. Council considers applications in accordance with its Financial Assistance Policy. Please visit the Community section of this website for further information.

What is Council doing about crime in the area?

Council works in partnership with agencies across the Strathfield Local Government Area to reduce crime as well as reduce the fear of crime. Council takes part in a wide range of partnership initiatives that contribute to a reduction in recorded crimes.