A works permit is required for civil engineering works within a footway or road reserve. Works permits are valid for three months from date of issue. To apply for a Works Permit, the applicant will be required to do the following:
- Complete application form for Works Permit
- Permit fee and refundable bond is applicable (refer to Council’s fees and charges) must be paid upon application. Fee must be paid before a works permit is issued.
- Minimum of five days notice is required to process, approve and action an application.
NOTE: Works permits must be used in accordance with the Australian Road Rules and cannot be used for the storage of materials.
Fees and Charges 2018-2019
Fees and charges are in accordance with Council’s Fees and Charges Schedule. This is reviewed and adopted at the commencement of the new financial year.
Costs relating to Works Permit for the 2018-2019 financial year are:
- Application Fee
- Urgency Fee (24 hour processing)
- Inspections (2) – Pre-pour and final inspections (non refundable including GST)
- Additional site inspections.
- Work Permit Bond. This is refundable in accordance with Works Permit Terms and Conditions.
A Works Permit must be obtained prior to commencement of any works. Please note an approved Traffic Control Plan complying with AS 1742.3 is to be submitted for any work involving partial closure of a road or diversion of pedestrians.
For further enquiries call Council on 9748 9999.