Standing Plant Permit
If a person wishes to stand plant (eg crane, cherry picker or concrete pump) on a Council road or footpath they must complete a Standing Plant application form and get prior approval from Council. The permit must be in possession of the Plant Operator at all times and must be produced on request of NSW Police or Council’s officers.
To apply for a Standing Plant permit the applicant will be required to do the following:
- Complete application form for Standing Plant Permit. A traffic management control plan is also required indicating proposed signs, alternative pedestrian routes, traffic lane widths, etc.
- Permit fee is applicable (refer to Council’s fees and charges) and must be paid upon application.
- Minimum of seven days' notice is required to process an application.
If on or within 50 metres of a State or Regional road, RMS approval must be obtained. Contact the RMS Traffic Management Centre, phone (02) 8396 1425.
Download the form here.
Temporary or Partial Road Closure Application Form
To apply for a temporary or partial road closure, please complete this form and send to Council.
Works Zone Application
Before applying for a Works Zone, please read the following notes:
- Works Zones are provided to facilitate the efficient operation of construction projects and to minimise traffic disruption.
- Application must be submitted six weeks prior to commencement of works.
- Inadequate information may delay the process of the application. A plan indicating actual existing kerbside restrictions and proposed Works Zone length is required.
- If your Works Zone is related to a Development Consent and a Construction Traffic Management Plan is required as a condition of this Development Consent, please do not submit this application until your Construction Traffic Management Plan has been approved.
- Provision of a Works Zone is subject to the payment of Works Zone Fees and Charges as published in Council’s current Fees and Charges available at www.strathfield.nsw.gov.au.
- If Council Officers support the proposal, it will be subject to Local Traffic Management Committee approval that may refuse the application or give conditional approval.
Completed forms are returned to Strathfield Council, PO Box 120, STRATHFIELD NSW 2135, fax: (02) 9764 1034 or in person: 65 Homebush Road Strathfield or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Council can be contacted on (02) 9748 9999 or email: email@example.com or website: www.strathfield.nsw.gov.au. ABN No: 52 719 940 264