Your yellow lid recycling bin is collected fortnightly on the same day as your garbage collection. Use your waste calendar to check when your next collection will be.
To recycle correctly:
- Remove lids from bottles and containers and give them a quick rinse before placing them in the recycling bin.
- Flatten plastic and cardboard containers to make more space in your recycling bin.
- Tear large cardboard items into smaller pieces to prevent them from getting stuck in the bin.
- DO NOT put items in plastic bags, as they cannot be recycled.
Materials ACCEPTED in your Yellow Lid Recycling Bin
- Plastic bottles and containers marked “1” to “7”
- Glass bottles and jars
- Aluminium and steel cans (including empty aerosol cans)
- Paper (including newspapers, magazines, telephone books)
- Milk and juice cartons (liquid paper board)
- Cardboard (including empty pizza boxes)
- Egg cartons
Materials NOT ACCEPTED in your Yellow Lid Recycling Bin
- Plastic bags or bin liners
- Soft plastics
- Neon tubes or light globes
- Plate glass
- Medical waste (including syringes)
- Paint tins or solvents
- Plastic food wrappers (including lolly wrappers)
- Car parts
- Household Waste (including food scraps)
- Garden Vegetation
- Bottle/jar lids
Recycling Contamination Policy
Failure to present your recycling bin correctly on three or more occasions may result in a ‘refusal of service’. Your recycling bin will be considered contaminated if it contains any of the items listed above under materials not accepted. These include (but are not limited to) plastic bags, food scraps, garden vegetation, and polystyrene. If your recycling bin contains any of these items you will be notified via a letter on the day of the incident and recycling staff will keep records of each incident.
If your bin collection has been missed, please contact Council Customer Service to report a missed service.