For immediate release
16 April 2018
On 10 April 2018, Council resolved to place the following draft items on public exhibition:
- Draft Community Strategic Plan ‘Strathfield 2030’
- Draft Resourcing Strategy
- Draft Delivery Program 2018-2022
- Draft Operational Plan 2018-2019
- Draft Schedule of Fees and Charges 2018-2019
- The draft plans have been prepared and exhibited in accordance with the Local Government Act 1993.
The formulation of the draft Community Strategic Plan involved extensive community engagement which included surveys, focus groups with different resident target groups, a youth summit and a number of interviews with various stakeholders.
Based on the feedback provided, Strathfield 2030 identified 5 broad inter-related themes that now provide the framework required to carry out the community’s aspirations and priorities over the next 12 years. These 5 themes are: connectivity, community wellbeing, civic pride and place management, liveable neighbourhoods and responsible leadership.
The draft plans are on public exhibition from Tuesday 17 April 2018 until 5pm on Wednesday 16 May 2018 and can be viewed at:
- Council’s Customer Service Centre – 65 Homebush Road, Strathfield
- Strathfield Library – 65-67 Rochester Street, Homebush
- High Street Community Library – 64 High Street, Strathfield
Written submissions are invited and should be addressed to the General Manager, Strathfield Council, PO Box 120, Strathfield NSW 2135 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Council will consider all submissions made during the exhibition period and adopt the final version prior to 30 June 2018, with the plans being implemented from 1 July 2018.
For media enquiries, please contact:
9748 9992 or 0437 669 207