Strathfield Libraries run fun-filled programs for all ages, providing a happy and relaxed learning experience for you and your child. Due to the popularity of these programs, each activity is ticketed. Please collect a ticket from the front desk on the day of the activity. Spaces are limited.
For newborns - 18 months
Tuesdays, 10am -10.20am (excluding school and public holidays)
This 20 minute, fast paced program consists of music, rhyme and song. It is a wonderful fun filled session where both children and parents can interact with each other.
For children aged 18 months - 3 years
Tuesdays, 11am -11.30am (excluding school and public holidays)
This 30 minute program consists of music, rhyme and song using a variety of teaching aids. It includes an age related colouring activity.
For children aged 3 - 5 years
Wednesdays, 10.30am -11.30am (excluding school and public holidays) - Strathfield Library
Thursdays, 10.30am -11.15am (excluding school and public holidays) - High Street Library
This program runs for one hour and consists of music, rhyme , stories, dance and an aged related craft activity.
There are a few guidelines to ensure that everyone enjoys the sessions.
- Arrive on time so that you do not miss out on any of the fun and also so as not to interrupt the session.
- Remain quiet during the sessions. Talking adults easily distract small children and make it difficult for the librarian to manage the group.
- Listen and participate. Follow up activities at home, sing the songs, talk about the stories.
- Sit with your child if he/she is just a toddler. They can easily be distracted and sometimes need encouragement to join in.
- If children become too restless it is best to leave quietly and rejoin the group the following week.
For more information, please contact the Community Programs Officer on 8762 0222.