Council hires sportsgrounds on a seasonal basis eg winter season, summer season. The fees and charges are charged in accordance with Council's fees and charges. The procedure for seasonal hire involves:
- Advertisements are published in the local media and Council's website about 2-3 months prior to the commencement of season.
- Copies of application forms are also sent to previous season hirers.
Council assesses the applications and allocates facilities based on meeting specific criteria. The criteria includes:
- Teams are locally based or contribute to local community
- Application meets criteria such as available times and compatible use of facility
- Previous history of use is considered
- The application is consistent with the objectives of Council's strategic and operational plans.
All applicants are notified prior to commencement of season of Council's decision.