Did you know you could appoint Council to undertake all the steps of the approval process, from start to finish, commencing with the development application, through to construction certificate, and then to finalise building works?
You can make a combined application for Development Consent, Construction Certificate, and appoint Council as your Principal Certifying Authority (PCA) – all in one visit to Council’s Customer Service.
Strathfield Council can offer quality building services that include:
- Pre-lodgement construction certificate meeting
- The issue of Construction Certificates for all types and classes of buildings including:
- New dwellings
- Alterations/additions to dwellings
- Swimming pools
- Commercial/industrial buildings
- Residential flat buildings
- The role of Principal Certifying Authority (PCA)
- Conducting mandatory Critical Stage inspections during the course of construction
- The issue of Occupation Certificates on completion of building works.
Council’s certified building surveyor can work with you throughout the approvals process to ensure that everything runs smoothly. Make an appointment to prior to the finalisation of your Development Application to assist in the fast tracking of your Construction Certificate. For assistance and further information contact Strathfield Council’s Environment & Compliance Coordinator on 9748 9650.
Why choose Strathfield Council as your PCA?
Council's team is familiar with the Local Environmental Plan (LEP) requirements. This local knowledge saves time, as you will be working with staff who know what is required. Our experienced building surveyors and assessment officers are always there to help with your applications every step of the way. Working only within the Strathfield Council area, they are never far away from your development if required for assistance.