Strathfield Council has also formalised the site specific DCPs in response to the introduction of the Environmental Planning and Assessment (Infrastructure and Other Planning Reform) Act 2005. These DCPs were adopted by Council on 4 April 2006 and came into force on 3 May 2006. They function independently by linking the relevant parts of Strathfield Consolidated Development Control Plan 2005. The site specific DCPs include:
- DCP No 13 - Strathfield Town Centre
- DCP No 14 - Part Lot 1 and Lot 2, DP 711168, Davidson Street Greenacre
- DCP No 20 - Parramatta Road Corridor
- DCP No 25 - 79 Courallie Avenue Homebush West.
Note: The consolidation of the DCPs and the formalisation of the Site Specific DCPs has not resulted in any changes to the specific objectives, controls or guidelines in the DCPs other than:
- To clarify the English language component for advertising signage in Part J of Strathfield Consolidated DCP 2005 (former DCP No 7) and Site Specific DCP No 13 - Strathfield Town Centre)
- To introduce additional controls that address excavation and dilapidation issues associated with the construction of buildings in Part A (former DCP No 21), Part B (former DCP No 8) & Part C (former DCP No 3) of Strathfield Consolidated DCP 2005 and Site Specific DCP No 20 Parramatta Road Corridor Area)
- To remove ambiguity and provide clarity in relation to the application of floor space ratio controls for dwellling houses in Part A of Strathfield Consolidated DCP 2005 [former DCP No. 21]
- To introduce provisions to limit the size of child care centres to a maximum of thirty (30) children in Part E of Strathfield Consolidated DCP 2005 (former DCP No 18).