An active lifestyle can help reduce the risk of preventable diseases, including coronary heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, obesity and some cancers. It can also help improve mental health, community life, social wellbeing and community safety.
An inactive Australia is a major health problem. More than half of Australian adults are not sufficiently active to gain health benefits.
Join a free local walking group to access a number of great benefits:
- Reduce your risk of major illnesses, such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes and cancer by up to 50%
- Reduce your risk of early death by 30%
- Boost your self esteem, mood, sleep quality and energy
- A good workout for your heart and lungs
- Manage weight, blood pressure and blood cholesterol
- Maintain your bone density, reducing your risk of osteoporosis and fractures
- Feel stronger, more energetic and happier and improves your overall quality enjoyment of life
Choose a Walking Group
Mums and Bubs group
Time: 9am - 10am
Meeting Point: Homebush West Public School
Mobile: 0413 101 595
St Anne's group
Day: Tuesdays at 6pm (starting October 3, however times vary due to daylight savings, please contact Sue), Thursdays and Saturdays at 8am (year-round)
Meeting Point: St Anne's Anglican Church, Strathfield (meet in the courtyard)
Phone: 02 9747 1953
Heart Foundation Walking Groups
For more information on Heart Foundation walking groups click here.